MUSICAL THEATRE: TRIPLE THREAT
Take your musical theatre skills to the next level by performing duets, solos, and small group numbers from popular musicals. Continue to build on your skills and be challenged in new and exciting ways! Actors will rehearse scenes, songs, and dance numbers under the direction of a professional musical theatre actor and a professional accompanist. Students will perform a variety of numbers for family and friends during the final class.
For Grades 6th-12th
- July 13-17: 12:30pm-3:30pm (CDT) – VIRTUAL
Note: We encourage 6th-10th graders to take Welcome to Musical Theatre to establish a strong foundation before taking Triple Threat.
Jazlyn Epps is extremely excited to join The Coterie's teaching artist program! She recently earned her Bachelor of Fine Arts in Musical Theatre at Avila University where she was seen as Crystal in Little Shop of Horrors and Officer Lockstock in Urinetown. She is currently involved in the DSHP program with the Coterie theatre. Although her passion is singing and acting, she is extremely passionate on sharing her love for the arts to all ages and educating others on mental health awareness. She has also been involved in two placed short films in Kansas City's 48 Hour Film Festival. Jazlyn is so anxious to get started and making her mark here in Kansas City on the stage and in classrooms.
- Led by staff of trained, professional teaching artists
- Designed to engage students intellectually, emotionally, and physically
- No larger than 10 students for grades K-2 & 3-5, and 12 students for grades 4-6 and above, allowing teaching artists to see and respond to every student and encourage active participation
- Use process-based lesson plans which focus on the growth of each student individually and establish a foundation critical for all future training
- Inspire students of all ages to express themselves, occupy their imaginations, and help add structure and positivity to their week
- Challenge older students to hone their acting talents with instruction and attention from a theatre professional working in the field
- Teach important life skills that will be useful to any growing mind, whether or not acting may be in their future
- Will adhere to the health and safety protocols detailed here
- Enrollees need only to have access to a smart phone, tablet, laptop, or desktop computer with a camera & microphone, and an internet connection
- Parents of younger children are encouraged to participate in the class for fun, interactive play