Beginning June 21, 2022, face masks will be OPTIONAL but STRONGLY ENCOURAGED for all audience members at The Coterie. While The Coterie takes many measures to ensure the safety of its guests, the safety of our unmasked actors and our ability to keep the magic of the stage alive is shared by all of us. We thank you for also doing your part in helping to keep live theatre a safe adventure for our audiences of all ages!
WHAT WE ARE DOING:
- At this time, face masks will be OPTIONAL but STRONGLY ENCOURAGED for all audience members at The Coterie. All staff will wear mask. The Coterie may re-instate a mask policy if/when conditions necessitate.
- Seating for AKEELAH AND THE BEE, ELECTRIC POE, and ONE DAY A YEAR will all be in chair seating. A CHARLIE BROWN CHRISTMAS, DON'T LET THE PIGEON DRIVE THE BUS, and DOCTOR DOLITTLE will be a combination of chair seating and floor seating for youth. Patrons will seat themselves (except groups). Patrons should be aware there will be people sitting in front, next to, and behind them. Doors to the theater will open only 30 minutes before show time.
- Programs will be digital and available via a QR code handed to you at check in.
- Our actors and production teams and staff are all vaccinated. Anyone performing on our stage will be tested for Covid-19 per guidelines from Actors Equity, as overseen by our Health and Safety Officer.
- The Coterie's HVAC system has been optimized by a Crown Center engineer. Airflow inside the theater cycles through eight (8) complete air changes per hour (ACH experts suggest at least 3-6). And even on the coldest days of the year, there will always at least 20% fresh, outside air coming into the theatre as recommended by ASHRAE (American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers). The system has an economizer that increases that fresh air up to 100% depending on the air temp and humidity outside.
- Floor seating is sanitized via disinfectant misting and hard surfaces are sanitized via disinfectant wipes.
- We have pivoted to mobile ticketing for all subscriber and individual tickets. Tickets will be delivered via confirmation email as soon as your order is processed. Patrons will check in by last name.
WHAT WE ASK OUR PATRONS TO DO:
If you or any member of your party have been potentially exposed to or have symptoms of Covid-19, please stay home. If you must miss a performance due to Covid, please contact the box office at 816-474-6552; you may reschedule at no charge, have your funds held in account for a future show, or receive a refund.
- We highly recommend all eligible audience members be vaccinated for any indoor performance.
- Our staff will have disposable masks available should you and your party need them.
- These policies may be updated during the course of a production run.
AT A GLANCE
To ensure the safety of our patrons and staff we have implemented the following cleaning and safety procedures for all classes:
- For the safety of our students and staff, masks are strongly encouraged for all vaccinated and non-vaccinated participants in our summer classes.
- Health assessment at the start of each class
- Frequent hand washing or use of hand sanitizer
- Hand sanitizer stations and disinfectant wipes are available to staff and students to maintain a sanitized environment throughout the day.
- Students will be closely monitored for symptoms
- Distanced check-in/out at all locations (Overland Park and Crown Center)
The Coterie staff will reach out two weeks before class begins with a reminder and any updates on what to bring (and what to leave at home) as well as check-in procedures for the first day of class. If you have any questions or concerns, we are happy to help. Contact the class registrar at 816-474-4241.
The Coterie asks staff, students, and families to adhere to the following health and safety guidelines:
- Report to the designated drop-off/pick-up location with your student on the first day.
- A Coterie staff member will greet you to facilitate the CHECK-IN PROCESS outlined below.
- We ask parents and students to take extra care to ensure they have all materials needed for the day at the time of drop-off and arrive promptly.
- Park in the nearest parking lot area and walk your students to our drop-off location. We will provide parking validation for the Crown Center parking garage.
- If your child will be absent, contact your child’s teacher directly. The teacher’s contact information will be included in the class confirmation sent two weeks before the first day of class.
Each Day: Staff Member facilitates a health assessment for camp participant.
- Day 1 Only: Parents are walked through Health Assessment Questionnaire for the camp participant. Camp participants with fever, coughing, or shortness of breath symptoms will not be admitted.
- All Subsequent Days: Staff Member asks if there have been any changes to the camp participant's health status as it relates to COVID-19.
Once students have successfully been granted entry, they can enter the classroom. Parents/guardians should then clear the area to expedite other check-ins.
Each Day: Adult picking up the student will approach the drop-off door and wait for the teacher. The adult will sign out the student(s) they are taking home before the student will be released.
Coterie students, teaching artists, and staff are strongly encouraged to wear masks each day. The Coterie will have extra masks should a student forget, but we ask that students provide their own masks. Now is a good time to discuss with your students about why wearing masks is important, and some people choose to wear masks to stop the spread of germs between friends.
Through the guidance of the teaching artist, students will be released for restroom breaks. Water fountains may not be available for use, so please send your student with a FULL water bottle. In addition to bathroom breaks, teaching artists will be requiring students take hand washing and sanitizing breaks several times a day.
SYMPTOMS TO WATCH FOR
Student and staff health is our first priority. If a student shows symptoms, we will move them to an isolated area with a Coterie staff member. Our staff will contact the emergency number we have on file, and you will need to pick up your child within one hour of the call. If the student doesn’t present with a fever the next morning or symptoms of COVID-19 they are welcome to return the next day. If a positive case is identified, all camp families will be notified while keeping confidentiality of the student. Symptoms may include:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath/difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
All students and their families must comply with The Coterie’s health and safety protocols. Individuals who do not follow health and safety protocols will not be permitted to attend class. We continue to monitor updates related to COVID-19 and will notify participants of any changes to the plan in-person at check-in/check-out and by email. If at any time an in-person camp is no longer deemed safe, The Coterie reserves the right to move that camp to a virtual platform.
Critical resources for additional information: