At the Coterie, the safety of our patrons, students, artists, and staff is our highest priority. We continue to monitor and follow the guidelines and recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the Missouri Department of Health (MDSS) as we develop and refine our COVID-19 Safety Practices & Policies to ensure a safe and clean experience for everyone. We will update this page if our practices and plans change as circumstances and guidelines advise.
WHAT WE ARE DOING:
- Masks are REQUIRED for indoor performances for all audience and staff regardless of age. The exception will be our performers, all vaccinated, who will not be masked while on stage.
- All seating will be in chairs (no floor seating). Capacity will be reduced, to allow some distancing between parties. Patrons will seat themselves and are asked to remain in their seats from arrival until the end of the show. Patrons should be aware that it is still possible that there will be people sitting in front, next to, and behind them. To minimize exposure and reduce congregating in confined spaces, doors to the theater will open only 30 minutes before show time. Patrons arriving earlier are asked not to congregate in The Coterie lobby.
- Programs will be digital and available via a QR code posted throughout the theater to reduce the potential for germ spread.
- Per guidelines from Actors Equity, our actors and production teams and staff are all vaccinated. Anyone performing on our stage will be tested for Covid-19 three times per week, as overseen by our Covid Safety Manager.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be available for patron use throughout the lobby and entrance areas.
- The Coterie's HVAC system has been optimized by a Crown Center engineer. Airflow inside the theater cycles through eight (8) complete air changes per hour (ACH experts suggest at least 3-6). And even on the coldest days of the year, there will always at least 20% fresh, outside air coming into the theatre as recommended by ASHRAE (American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers). The system has an economizer that increases that fresh air up to 100% depending on the air temp and humidity outside.
- HEPA units will be placed strategically to reduce aerosol spread.
- Performances are scheduled more than an hour apart so the theatre can achieve a full air reset from any airborne contaminants between shows.
- All public spaces will be thoroughly cleaned nightly and between each performance, and staff will be sanitizing door handles, light switches, and other high touch surfaces frequently with CDC & EPA recommended disinfectants.
- We have pivoted to mobile ticketing for all subscriber and individual tickets. Tickets will be delivered via confirmation email as soon as your order is processed. Patrons may print their E-Tickets and bring them to the theater, or we can scan the ticket off any mobile device. Patrons who do not have access to a mobile device or a printer may request printed tickets when arriving at the theater.
WHAT WE ASK OUR PATRONS TO DO:
- First and foremost, if you or anyone in your party does not feel well on show day, have tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 14 days, have been in close contact with someone who has tested positive, or are displaying potential COVID symptoms, please do the responsible thing and STAY HOME.
- We highly recommend all eligible audience members be vaccinated for any indoor performance.
- Face masks, properly worn (completely covering nose and mouth), are REQUIRED during the entirety of your visit to the Coterie. This includes children and adults, vaccinated or unvaccinated. Our staff will provide disposable masks to anyone who arrives without a mask at the door. NO ONE without a mask will be permitted inside the theater. At this time, we do not recommend children under 2 at the theater due to our strict mask requirements.
- Purchase with Confidence: If you must miss your scheduled performance for health reasons, or if any performances need to be cancelled for any reason, ticketholders will be rescheduled at no charge, have their money held on account to be used at their convenience, or refunded.
- Please check back regularly for updates. As situations dictate and vaccines become available for children under 12, watch for any updates to our protocols and policies.
AT A GLANCE
To ensure the safety of our patrons and staff we have implemented the following cleaning and safety procedures for all in-person classes:
- Students, instructors, and staff are REQUIRED to wear masks regardless of vaccination status
- Curbside contact-less check-in/out in Overland Park
- No visitors in the classrooms
- Health assessment at the start of each class
- Temperature checks of staff and students at the start of each class
- Limited class sizes and no commingling of groups or classrooms
- Classrooms and curriculum developed to ensure physical distancing
- Frequent hand washing or use of hand sanitizer
- Routine sanitizing of program spaces and supplies
- No use of shared materials or difficult to clean items
- Students will be closely monitored for symptoms
The Coterie staff will reach out shortly before class begins with a reminder and any updates on what to bring (and what to leave at home) as well as check-in procedures for the first day of class. If you have any questions or concerns, we are happy to help. Contact the class registrar at 816.474.4241.
The Coterie asks staff, students, and families to adhere to the following health and safety guidelines:
The Coterie has implemented contactless curbside drop-off and pick-up in Overland Park for the entirety of camp. Building admittance is limited to staff and students only. If your child will be absent, running late for drop-off, pick-up, if you need to drop something off to the student, or need to pick up a student early, contact the class registrar at 816-474-4241 for assistance. We ask parents and students to take extra care to ensure they have all materials needed for the day at the time of drop-off and arrive promptly.
Every non-Crown Center family will receive two (2) vehicle tags with the student’s name on them to display at the front of your vehicle for drop-off and pick-up. The carpool tags can be distributed to anyone who will be picking up the child at any point over the course of the class. Report to the designated drop-off location with your car tag in place. Non-camp participants must remain in the vehicle. To expedite drop-off and for the safety of your child, we recommend seating your camp participant on the passenger side of the vehicle.
* Crown Center families - Plan to park in the Crown Center garage and walk your students to our lobby for drop off. We will provide parking validation.
Make sure your mask and the student’s mask are on and remain in your vehicle. A Coterie staff member (wearing a mask) will greet you to facilitate the check-in process outlined below:
- Each Day: Staff Member conducts a temperature check on camp participant using an infrared thermometer. Students with a temperature of 100.4° F or greater will not be admitted, no exceptions.
- Each Day: Staff Member facilitates a health assessment for camp participant.
- Day 1 Only: Parents are walked through Health Assessment Questionnaire for the camp participant. Parent should remain in vehicle. Camp participants with fever, coughing, or shortness of breath symptoms will not be admitted.
- All Subsequent Days: Staff Member asks if there have been any changes to the camp participant's health status as it relates to COVID-19.
Once students have successfully been granted entry, they can enter the building while wearing a mask. Parents /guardians should then clear the area to expedite other check-ins.
At the Overland Park location, student pick-up is conducted outside the building at the same location as drop-off. Parents and approved pick-up individuals must remain in their vehicles. Students will remain socially distanced inside the building until their ride arrives, at which point a Coterie staff member will hold the door open to allow the student to exit. To expedite pick-up, parents are provided two (2) vehicle tags with their student’s name to be displayed at the front of your vehicle for pick-up. This allows our staff to prepare your student for pick-up when your vehicle approaches. A staff member will escort your student(s) to the vehicle for curbside pick-up. Once your student’s pick-up is complete, please clear the area to expedite other pick-ups. Students will be released in the order cars line up, so please plan accordingly if you have an obligation after camp and arrive early!
*Crown Center families - Plan to park in the Crown Center garage and meet your students in our lobby for pick up. We will provide parking validation.
Coterie teaching artists and staff will wear masks each day. During your student’s time in class, all students will also be required to wear a mask regardless of vaccination status. The Coterie will have extra masks should a student forget, but we ask that students provide their own masks. Now is a good time to discuss with your students about why wearing masks is important, and how it protects the spread of germs between friends. We will incorporate this conversation into the classroom conversations as well.
Students will remain in the designated classroom with the same students and teaching artists for the entire class. On the first day, each student will be given a space in the classroom for personal items that is separated from the space of other students. This space will be used for each class. Students are not allowed to touch the personal items of other students, no exceptions. Students will remain in the same room for the duration of class with the same teaching artist. Students are socially distanced (six feet apart) in their classroom. Activities have been modified to comply with social distancing guidelines.
Through the guidance of the teaching artist, students will be released for restroom breaks. Water fountains will not be available for use, so please send your student with a FULL water bottle. In addition to bathroom breaks, teaching artists will be requiring students take hand washing and sanitizing breaks several times a day.
TEMPERATURE CHECKS and SYMPTOMS:
Student and staff health is our first priority. Temperature checks will be taken and recorded at drop-off each day. However, if a student shows symptoms we will move them to an isolated area with a Coterie staff member. Our staff will contact the emergency number we have on file and you will need to pick up your child within one hour of the call. If the student doesn’t present with a fever the next morning or symptoms of COVID-19 they are welcome to return the next day. If a positive case is identified, all camp families will be notified while keeping confidentiality of the student. The Coterie will also notify any students exposed. Symptoms may include:
• Fever or chills
• Shortness of breath/difficulty breathing
• Muscle or body aches
• New loss of taste or smell
• Sore throat
• Congestion or runny nose
• Nausea or vomiting
ADDITIONAL SAFETY MEASURES:
The Coterie uses CDC and EPA recommended disinfectant and cleaning products to clean high touch surfaces frequently throughout the day. Additionally, our partner locations provide thorough nightly disinfecting services. Additional hand sanitizer stations and disinfectant wipes are available to staff and students to maintain a sanitized environment throughout the day. All students and their families must comply with The Coterie’s health and safety protocols. Individuals that do not follow health and safety protocols will not be permitted to attend class. We continue to monitor updates related to COVID-19 and will notify participants of any changes to the plan in-person at check-in/check-out and by email. If at any time in-person camps are no longer deemed safe, The Coterie reserves the right to discontinue in-person camp offerings.