Health & Safety Protocols
WHAT WE ARE DOING:
- Face masks are optional for all audience members at The Coterie, but highly encouraged for those who consider themselves high-risk for infectious disease. Disposable face masks are available at the Box Office.
- Seating for shows targeted at older audiences will all be in chair seating. Seating for shows targeted at younger audiences will be a combination of chair seating and floor seating for youth. Patrons will seat themselves (except groups). Patrons should be aware there will be people sitting in front, next to, and behind them. Doors to the theater will open 30 minutes before show time.
- Programs will be digital and available via a QR code handed to you at check in.
- Our actors, production team, and staff are all vaccinated. Anyone performing on our stage will be tested for Covid-19 per guidelines from Actors Equity, as overseen by our Health and Safety Officer.
- The Coterie’s HVAC system has been optimized by a Crown Center engineer. Airflow inside the theater cycles through eight (8) complete air changes per hour (ACH experts suggest at least 3-6). And even on the coldest days of the year, there will always at least 20% fresh, outside air coming into the theatre as recommended by ASHRAE (American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers). The system has an economizer that increases that fresh air up to 100% depending on the air temp and humidity outside.
- Floor seating is sanitized via disinfectant misting and hard surfaces are sanitized via disinfectant wipes.
- We have pivoted to paperless ticketing for all subscriber and individual tickets. There is no need to pick up or print any tickets. Patrons will check in by last name at the theatre.
WHAT WE ASK OUR PATRONS TO DO:
If you or any member of your party have been potentially exposed to or have symptoms of a contagious illness, please stay home. If you are unable to attend a performance due to illness, please contact the box office at 816-474-6552; you may reschedule at no charge or have your funds held in account for a future show.
- We highly recommend all eligible audience members be vaccinated for any indoor performance.
- Our staff will have disposable masks available should you and your party need them.
- These policies may be updated during the course of a production run.
GENERAL WELLNESS POLICY
If your student is sick or has a change in their health status, please keep them at home and notify your Teaching Artist that they will be absent. If the student no longer presents symptoms the next morning and is fever free without the aid of fever reducing medications, they are welcome to return the next day. Symptoms to watch for:
- Fever or chills
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
Masks are not required but are welcome in our classrooms.
All students and their families must comply with The Coterie’s health and safety protocols. Individuals who do not follow health and safety protocols will not be permitted to attend class.
POSITIVE COVID CASE
If a positive case is identified after the first day, all families registered in that class will be notified while keeping confidentiality of the student. For students that test positive for Covid, the earliest they can return to a Coterie camp is 5 calendar days after a positive Covid test, assuming they are symptom free and testing negative at that time.
- Following any airborne illness, for 5 calendar days after the return to class, your student may be required to wear a mask during class.
If at any time a camp is no longer deemed safe, The Coterie reserves the right to require masks for specific classes.