Sensory Friendly Performances
The Coterie is pleased to offer sensory friendly performances for our patrons who are neurodiverse. These special performances feature modified lights and sound to make a more relaxed environment. We ask that our audience be flexible with their expectations so that neurodiverse audience members may interact with the story in the way that suits them best: which may include removing their mask, speaking, moving, or using devices throughout the performance.
You may pre-order your tickets by calling our box office at 816.474.6552 or click on the dates below to purchase tickets online.
JUSTICE AT WAR
RUDOLPH THE RED-NOSED REINDEER: THE MUSICAL
THE LIGHTNING THIEF: THE PERCY JACKSON MUSICAL
NAKED MOLE RAT GETS DRESSED: THE ROCK EXPERIENCE
ROALD DAHL’S CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY
Mission Statement, Values
The Coterie is a non-profit organization, established in 1979, with the mission of providing professional classic and contemporary theatre which challenges audience and artist and provides educational, dramatic outreach programs in the community. We seek to open lines of communication between races, genders, and generations by redefining children’s theatre to include families and diverse audiences.
Our work onstage and off continues to be guided by our mission and reflects what we value:
- VOICES: We are committed to opening the minds of young people, as well as creating opportunities to hear and share the voices of young people as well as the voices that speak to them.
- LOVE: We believe that a commitment to equity is an expression of love.
- JUSTICE: We embrace the arts as an essential force in promoting justice for all.
- IMAGINATION: We share stories that stretch the imagination and open new perspectives of our local and global communities.
- STORYTELLING: We celebrate diversity through storytelling, on-stage performances, and education, always striving to uplift and amplify the voices of young people.
Our staff, artists, and board members are on a journey of building intentional strategies around equity, diversity, inclusion, and justice, seeking to ensure that our actions continue to be an expression of our values.