The Coterie is pleased to provide transportation funding for school groups. We hope providing subsidies will assist schools in need, where transportation costs may preclude them from attending a Coterie production. Based on funding availability, The Coterie Transportation Fund provides assistance on a first-come, first-served basis for up to $3.00 per student to defray transportation costs for any K-12 school bringing a group of 20 or more students to see our main stage productions.
Funding for The Coterie’s bus subsidies program has been depleted for the 2018/2019 Season. Distributed on a first-come, first-served basis, we are happy to honor all previously submitted requests but regret that we can no longer accept new applications.
We will begin accepting requests on May 20, 2019 for productions in our upcoming 2019/2020 Season:
- Rise Up, September 17-October 20, 2019
- A Charlie Brown Christmas, November 5-December 29, 2019
- The White Rose: We Defied Hitler, January 21-February 9, 2020
- PUFFS or Seven Increasingly Eventful Years..., February 25-March 22, 2020
- Pete the Cat, April 7-May 17, 2020
The following changes will apply to the program beginning with the 2019/2020 Season:
- Up to $3/person, not to exceed $300 per subsidy.
- 1 subsidy per teacher per season.
- Subsidy requests must be submitted before your scheduled performance date.
- All paperwork and forms must be submitted within 60 days of your performance date.
- Bus subsidies may be applied to all school year productions, but not to summer productions.
- Approval for transportation subsidies is based on availability.
CLICK HERE for more on Bringing a Group to The Coterie
CLICK HERE to fill out a Transportation Subsidy Request
QUESTIONS / FEEDBACK
Call Taylor Smith, Assistant Box Office Manager, 816.994.8832
The bus subsidy program is supported by generous donors who want to assist schools in need and give every student access to the arts. It costs as little as $3 to support one student’s bus subsidy. If you want to keep The Coterie accessible for all students, please consider donating to our bus subsidy program.
How do I receive a transportation reimbursement?
3 easy steps:
- Make a reservation for 20 or more students to see one of the eligible Coterie productions by calling the box office at 816.474.6552.
- CLICK HERE to fill out Your Ticket to Ride Transportation Fund Request form. Please note: Approval for transportation subsidies is based on availability and will be sent via email within 2 business days. The subsidy may only be used once per teacher per season. All final paperwork must be recieved no later than 60 days after the performance.
- After your performance, a reimbursement will be issued to your school upon receipt of all the requested post-performance documents, detailed here. All subsidy paperwork must be recieved no later than 60 days after the performance your group attends.
How much will my transportation reimbursement be?
Your Ticket to Ride allowance will be determined based on the number of tickets as per your Performance Invoice up to $3.00 per paid admission.
Who can apply?
Any public, private, or charter school in the Kansas City area transporting at least 20 students to The Coterie for an eligible production can request a transportation allowance. The subsidy may only be used once per teacher per season.
Which performances at The Coterie are eligible for Your Ticket to Ride?
The following productions are eligible for transportation funding:
- Becoming Martin September 18-October 21, 2018
- Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer: The Musical November 6-December 30, 2018
- Secret Soldiers: Heroines in Diguise January 22-February 10, 2019
- Mr. Popper's Penguins February 26-March , 2019
- Beat Bugs - A Musical Adventure April 16-May 19, 2019
How long will it take to process my Transportation Subsidy request?
Requests will be processed as they are received and approvals will be sent via email within 2 business days.
Will Your Ticket to Ride pay for the cost of the seats to a performance?
No. You must reserve and purchase tickets for your performance through The Coterie box office at 816.474.6552.
When will the funding be distributed to my school?
After you have attended the performance, The Coterie will send you a post performance survey. Return the completed survey within 60 days of your performance date, along with an invoice showing the transportation costs for your field trip and a signed W9 form from your school, and the reimbursement check will be mailed to the school at the address indicated on your form within 7 business days.
QUESTIONS / FEEDBACK
Call Taylor Smith, Assistant Box Office Manager, 816.994-8832